Home to Berks Nature’s headquarters, Eco-Camp and our new Nature Preschool, The Nature Place sits among nearly 100-acres in Reading’s Angelica Park.
We offer programming for the public, as well as field trip offerings for groups, including schools, scouts and homeschoolers! (more on that in the drop-down menu under the Education tab above).
Among the things you can do on your visit:
• Stroll the wetland trails throughout the park- but first, pick up a free explorer pack, available for loan at the lobby front desk!
• Let the kiddos run free with their imaginations in our Nature Play Zone.
• Attend a program inside The Nature Place.
• NEW! Discover the wildlife that you could find in the park through our free I-SPY Nature Hunt! Grab a copy at the front desk, and then begin your search through our first floor.
• Visit our lobby exhibits- including our indoor observational beehive!
• Say hello to our three rescued 3-toed Eastern Box Turtles: Angelica, Kenny & Hanna.
• Tour the green features of the building- designed to achieve LEED Silver status.
• Grab a treat for your dog at the desk inside our dog-friendly lobby, then make sure they stay hydrated by visiting our dog water fountain along the path.
• Take a peek out our birding window- from the Great Blue Heron to red-tailed hawks and the park’s token mascot, the red-winged blackbird, you never know who may stop by!
• View life up close through one of the microscopes set up and available for use in the lobby.
• Visit our native plant gardens and teaching garden outside the building.