Would you enjoy learning about your local ecology, volunteering in a meaningful way, and spending time with others who share your passion for nature?
Consider becoming a PA Master Naturalist volunteer! Classes begin at The Nature Place this fall.
Apply now for Fall 2019 PMN Training Courses!
Classes will be held on Thursday evenings at The Nature Place, from 6:00-8:30 beginning on August 15 and ending on October 31. Field sessions will be on Saturdays: 8/24, 9/14, 9/28, and 10/12. View the 2019 Berks County PMN training schedule by clicking here!
Applications received by May 1, 2019 will receive the early bird discounted rate of $325. Some of the classes have limited space and may fill up – another reason to get applications in now!
As a PA Master Naturalist, you’ll learn:
- All aspects of the role of Pennsylvania Master Naturalist, the mission and objectives of the program, and the guidelines for participation.
- What a naturalist is and does and the significance of naturalists and natural history.
- The biogeography of PA, including the physiographic regions and the geological and ecological aspects that make them distinct.
- Basic concepts of ecology.
- Basic concepts of geology.
- Basic resource management principles.
- Some native flora and fauna in the region.
- The general process of science.
- The art of nature interpretation.
- The roles of Pennsylvania state agencies in the management and conservation of natural resources.
- Other topics as related to the local needs of the region