*Trails Alert, April 25, 2019: This spring has brought some illegal activity to Neversink Mountain in the form of ATV and dirt bike users. Our preserves and trails are open to many but NOT motorized bicycles/vehicles of any kind. This type of behavior destroys the habitat, upsets the wildlife and most importantly provides a safety threat to our more passive users like hikers and mountain bikers.
IF YOU SEE ATV/DIRT BIKES on Neversink Mountain or any preserve:
- Call the police and note the time and location. If you feel threatened in any way, call 911. If you don’t feel threatened, police can be reached via the non-emergency line at 610-655-4911.
- Give a specific description about what you saw, how it made you feel (unsafe, threatened etc.)
- Do this every time you see the illegal activity.
- Tell everyone you meet on the trail to do so as well.
- If you notice a pattern of behavior and/or an entrance/exit point for these vehicles please share that with the police and us at email@example.com
Hopefully together, we can populate the mountain with positive, passive users of this beautiful natural resource and eliminate those few who have little respect and wish to destroy the habitat. Thank you.